Monday, March 14, 2011

First Impressions

We have had three full days here now. Christian left for Bangkok about 16 hours after we arrived in Perth so the boys and I have been exploring on our own. Here is a brief recap of our impressions.

Chase says what he likes most about Australia is:
1) kangaroos (although we have yet to see one)
2) room service because "I don't have to have what Mom tells me to". I have advised him that this is a temporary phenomena.
3) swimming in Daddy's boss' pool on Sunday. He wanted to go back on Monday insisting that they told him to "come back anytime".

What he hasn't enjoyed:
1) throwing up on the plane. He says he isn't coming back home for Christmas.
2) the heat. It was 35 degrees yesterday!

As for me, I am enjoying:
1) just being with the kids
2) the smell of tropical warmth
3) leaving the sweaters and coats in the closet

Not enjoying:
1) the extreme heat as it difficult to keep the kids entertained inside
2) one or both of them starting the day around 3am !
3) Charlie falling in the pool. Scary but he was ok.

Gotta run! It is their feeding time...

No comments:

Post a Comment